Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Adventures

Over the last year, I've had lots of new adventures. Some have been actual road trip adventures and some have been more of the figurative kind...

I very much think that life is only fully lived by continuing to learn and grow as a person. I don't believe in settling for "good enough" - I want to push boundaries and be extraordinary. Climbing and camp have taught me so much about ego, patience and becoming more empathic (something I've often struggled with on the inside). I've tumbled and fumbled through some new situations since last May, but they have made me love people even more. Granted I may have been upset or frustrated when they were happening, but I love looking back and being able to say "Wow - look what that taught me."

During all of this too, my relationship with God has grown exponentially. I truly think that each person's relationship with Him is unique and a personal connection. I'm the kind that talks out loud during a stressful day and jokingly asks God what He is trying to teach me. (That's actually where the web address for the blog came from - my mom asks me all the time how my chats are going) I know that I am supposed to be learning something when I am feeling frustrated or stressed. I was thinking about adventures within relationships with others and I think my friend Josh put it the best in his post. What if we ask our selves what we are supposed to learn from each person we meet and what if it was God speaking to us through that person - what would we do, would we treat that person differently?

On a less philosophical note, climbing adventures! I've got to see new parts of this beautiful state, plus others, and meet some of the most amazing people since I began climbing less than a year ago. Sometimes I do wonder if it makes me a bit selfish, but then it is the type of lifestyle I want to lead - so those that understand and live the same don't seem to mind!

I'm going on my first trip to the Red May 7th - 9th! So excited! Have a couple people (plus Rainier) already riding with me, but we always welcome more. I'm meeting some friends from Indy up there and the goal is to just get lots of climbing packed into the couple of days we are there. I really want to focus on leading some easier trad (for me that's in the 5.7-5.8ish range) and pushing my leading limit on sport (breaking into 5.11). I would like to end the trip with some sustained power endurance type climbing.

I'm also super excited about breaking in my new shoes (Evolv Rockstar)!

They are my first not-previously-owned-by-someone-else pair of climbing shoes. Mine are just a little bit different than the product picture- black with pink stripe laces. And they fit perfectly!!! That's very much an accomplishment for me - haven't found a shoe that has fit this well yet. The verdict is still out on how they perform though.

Well now that I've rambled all over the place, it is time to say 'Goodnight'! It is summer camp adventure time tomorrow. Open House!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." ~Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment